The Versiv team attended the American Public Gas Association Conference (APGA) in Savannah, Georgia, October 11-13, 2022. The event brought together natural gas operations leaders from public utilities across the country.
APGA is a not-for-profit trade organization representing America’s publicly owned natural gas local distribution companies, representing the interests of public gas before Congress, federal agencies, and other energy-related stakeholders by developing regulatory and legislative policies that further the goals of their members.
Gina Rundo, Director of Operations for Versiv, was invited to speak at the event in a session entitled “Incorporating Cross Compression Into Municipal Gas Maintenance and Construction.”
In the session, Gina shared how natural gas operators, particularly municipalities, are faced with many challenges to ensure their construction projects limit disruption to the community and protect the environment. She shared real-world experiences of implementing cross-compression with local and regional municipalities to reduce methane emissions traditionally caused by intentional releases, including venting, blowdowns, and purging to the atmosphere during pipeline repairs and installations.
One of the most significant barriers to implementing cross-compression is the lack of equipment and trained personnel. Gina shared that Versiv is a full turnkey service provider, able to deploy quickly from locations across the United States.
She walked attendees through a 7 Step Analysis as they consider the implementation process.
- Educate internal colleagues to address culture change.
- Utilize Versiv toolkit to help assess if cross-compression is a good fit for your project.
- Incorporate Versiv into drawings & design plan (Versiv has examples from other municipalities of how they are doing this).
- During the bid process, bidders to reach out to Versiv for RFP through our portal.
- Hold pre-job conference meeting.
- Implement turn-key project execution.
- Sustainability Impact Report distributed to Operator for their methane emissions reduction reporting. Share internally so others understand the impact of the project.
To learn more or get in touch with Gina to discuss your next product, click here.